Energy Exchange Istanbul (EXIST) is looking to expand its Electricity Markets Optimization Research Team. The main subjects of research deal with the complex relationships of auction mechanisms in energy market participants, along with design and development of optimization algorithms to leverage that information to optimally place orders to match supply and demand.
As a small group that must be fairly self-sufficient, we are currently looking to hire experienced candidates, rather than new graduates. We are basically looking for team members with a preferably PhD degree in Operations Research, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, and etc., who ideally have at least 2 years of experience applying their research skills to solve complex real-world problems.
All interested candidates must submit their resumes/CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Master’s degree (or at least required classes are taken and in thesis stage) in operations research, industrial engineering, mathematics, or computer science.
- Experience in developing MILP formulations, metaheuristics or large scale optimization.
- Experience in utilizing problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Java and CPLEX Preferred Qualifications
- PhD degree in operations research, industrial engineering, mathematics, or computer science and at least 2 years of related work experience
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of complex software systems
- Project management experience for working on cross-functional projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Turkish and English
- Experience with large-scale datasets